Roadworthy Certificate Cost
same day
roadworthy certificates

in your area

Victorian Roadworthy Centres are Vicroads authorised Licence Vehicle Testers, providing Roadworthy Inspections and Certificates.

To book in a no fuss roadworthy phone 1300 558 115 and speak to someone who cares. Guaranteed human every time!

What are your legal rights?

Selling Vehicle

VicRoads does not have authority to require the tester to make good your vehicle or otherwise compensate you. These are matters for civil action.

You can seek professional legal advice from a solicitor, take your dispute to the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) or through the Magistrates court.
Where a vehicle is purchased through a Licensed Motor Car Trader (LMCT) Consumer Affairs Victoria may be able to resolve the matter through negotiation with the LMCT.

Follow Us

fsocial1 fsocial2 fsocial3 fsocial4 fsocial5 fsocial6 fsocial6

Issue of Certificates

In Victoria a Certificate of Roadworthiness is generally required when a vehicle is sold or if a used vehicle is to be re-registered. This helps minimise the number of poorly maintained vehicles on the road. In some cases a Certificate of Roadworthiness is also required to clear a Vehicle Defect Notice or a Notice of Unroadworthiness.

A Certificate of Roadworthiness can only be issued by a licensed vehicle tester, operating from a nominated garage or service station.